Before buying a bike stand trainer, there is something you need to consider. Here, I’ve list some of the things you should consider if you want to make a wise decision on choosing the right one according to your real needs.
- What’s your budget? This means how much do you plan to spend? The prices of stands vary from $50 to $1600. If you don’t have enough money, a model under $80 is a good start. If you have enough money, you can try some advanced ones, but we’ll discuss it later.
- How long do you need it to last for you? Like you it to last only cold months or a whole year? This decides you need a heavy duty one or not. A heavy duty one, of course, will cost you more.
- How will you use it? Will you use it only for casual exercise or a strenuous training regime? If the answer is the latter one, you need a heavy-duty one, or a model under $100 is good enough for you.
- What type of stands do you prefer? There are several types of stationary bike stands available. Which one is your favorite? If you don’t know the differences among them, a previous post can help you know the differences.
- Which key features do you want a stand? This can help find want you really want from a stand. However, this also decides how much you need to spend. For example, if you need a quieter one, a fluid trainer is a better choice but cost you more. Or if you need a more realistic riding feeling, other models are not as good as a fluid model.
- How often will you use it? – If you spend much money but use it seldom, it is just a waste of money.
- What’s type of your current bike? One thing you should know different stand trainers fit different types of bikes. You should know what type of your bike. A road bike or A Mountain bike? And does the stand you choose fit your bike?
- Does it have a sturdy construction? Of course, choose one which has a sturdy construction, because it can last for a long time.
- Foldable or not? The foldable feature means it can be stored easily if you don’t use it during the warm months.
- Can you bear a noisy stand? The noise produced by a stand is also a problem that needs to consider. If you need a quieter one, you need to pay much for it.
- How to try various models? You can borrow one from your friends and have a try to determine whether it suits you. You also can go to a bike shop to try but not buy, because the price may be a little higher than you purchase on Amazon. Or reading reviews can help you make a wise decision.
- What the resistance do you want? Progressive resistance or need to stop to adjust?
- Essential accessories? Some essential accessories can help you work effect.
- Portable or not? If you need to move it often, a portable one is a better choice.
If you have other problems, you also can leave a reply for me. You also can read our reviews of top rated indoor trainer stands. I hope you can get what you want.